Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Switching it up!

Well, I've decided it's time to make a change.

I'm switching from disposable diapers to cloth diapers! 

I have no idea what I'm doing, so I figured I would invite other mommy's to learn along with me, or just laugh at/with me as I learn!  I don't have anything that I need yet, but I did order some diapers and they are on their way.

A little background, I am mommy to 3 beautiful daughters.  Kennedy is almost 12, Olivia is almost 9 (next week!) and Annabelle is the baby at 7 months.  Her hiney is the one that will be trying out the new diapers!  She is a super cute, extremely chunky little girl, weighing in at 23lbs 8oz at 7 months old :)

Back to diapers:  The ones that I ordered are Alva Baby, which are pocket diapers, and they each come with a microfiber insert.  I also ordered one AnAn Baby brand (formerly JC Trade.)  If you want to learn more about the different styles of cloth diapers, here is the video that I watched on YouTube to get more info: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipMmpJkB8L4 (There are two parts, this is the first part.)

I will try to post as we go along on this journey, and fill you in on the process: prepping, washing, how we like different styles, etc.  I'm trying to do this on a budget, so I'm not sure how often I'll be able to acquire new brands :)

If you or anyone you know would like me to try a specific kind of diaper, or if you know of any companies that are doing diaper trials, please let me know!

Thanks for reading!
Kara

1 comment:

  1. I'm thinking of switching over too! I have a few different diaper styles and brands ordered that are on the way. I'm a little worried that I won't be able to keep up with the laundry and that I'll give up, so I'm glad that most of my diapers have a 30 day trial. I'm blogging about my experience, too, at https://joyfulus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete